Due to watching cooking shows daily, I’ve started baking again. I used to baked brownies and cupcakes before but I tend to procrastinate even though I have all the ingredients and materials I need. So last weekend, I’ve started baking again and I baked my favorite brownies. Thankfully, it was delicious and it passed my sister’s taste because she’s the chef in our family. And of course, it also passed my mom’s taste 🙂 I’m thinking of baking croissant which is one of my favorite pastries, but I think I’ll have a go with a regular bread first. 😛
Here is the recipe I followed which is from Chelsea Sugar
- 250 grams butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180°C bake. Line an 18 x 28cm sponge roll tin with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a saucepan large enough to mix all ingredients in. Mix in cocoa, remove from heat and stir in white sugar.
- Add eggs and mix well, then add vanilla essence. Sift in flour and baking powder and mix to combine. Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brownie springs back when touched lightly.